Junior AFL is a great sport for Kids and Parents to enjoy.
To help make sure Kids get the most positive experience out of their AFL, parents need to make sure they follow the AFL Code of Conduct:
- Remember that children play sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to always participate according to the rules.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and self-esteem rather than whether they win or lose.
- Encourage children to participate – do not force participation upon them.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or for the team losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best by example – applaud the efforts of all players in both teams.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Show appreciation of volunteer coaches, officials and administrators, without whom your child could not participate.
- Respect umpires’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Remember that smoking and the consumption of alcohol is unacceptable at junior sport.